Monday, November 30, 2009

Fender Bender

Yes that's my damaged front fender of my Globe Live 3. I've been riding my new bicycle everyday.

Unfortunately, I was riding through the Presidio on Saturday when I ran over a tree branch on the ground.

The tree branch got stuck under my fender and completely bent the aluminum fender and warped the fender attachment (the wire to the left of the blue fender).

I've never had a bicycle with fenders so I didn't think about a tree branch getting stuck under my fender and essentially destroying it.

Now my bike has one less fender so I hope I can order a new one soon.

Consider this a warning: if your bicycle has a fender, watch out for tree branches!

3 comments:

  1. OUCH! I hope you were not hurt. That front basket may have saved you from some personal damage.

    Thanks for the tip. Hope you get your bike up and running again tip top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really sucks. Getting a new bike is more of a learning experience than one might think. I'm glad you weren't hurt. I'm sure you can get a new fender soon--maybe Jessica can hook you up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warning!!
    I've made a down payment on my own Globe Live 3 and I'd like to know, was it difficult to get the replacement fender.
    Peace & safe riding!
    -Chris in Carlsbad

    ReplyDelete